Thursday, April 21, 2011

Today's Special: Striped Top + Pleated Gray Skirt

For the most part, I tend to go matchy matchy with my outfits. If I'm rockin blue and / or gray - I generally stick to black shoes and silver jewelry. Booooorrrrriiiiinnnngg - I know, I know. So this time I thought to myself, what can I do to funk up my look a little. Something out of my typical color palette ... AHA! Let's do the opposite - brown wedges and a large gold chunky chain. Wait a second - let's add one more pop of color - a multi-strand piece of jewelry featuring a metallic teal-ish flower. For my hair, I decided to leave it as is when I first tied it back to wash my hair this morning (Lazy? Yes. Cute? Yes! Clearly a winning combo in my book). And last but not least, a little pink glitter liner just because I can. 



Lemonhead anyone?



Lights, camera, necklaces!


Lemonhead face still going strong...


Whiz zee jacket.


Making zee love to zee camera!


Flower, Mother Nature
Striped Top, H&M
Gray Pleated Skirt, Modcloth
Jacket, Levi's
Brown Wedges, Sway (stores in Alameda, Berkeley and Concord, California)
Chunky Gold Necklace, from my grandma's collection
Multi-Strand Necklace, custom ordered from Zafirenia


2 comments:

Sabina said...

Love the flower in your hair! Love Modcloth clothes, too.

Marie said...

Aw thank you so much My Style Canvas! I checked out your blog - gorgeous illustrations. Mila Kunis is a fave of mine too! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...