Thursday, October 6, 2011

Day to Night: the LBD Edition.


 The LBD Day to Night Recipe:

First start with yer basic ole LBD.



For daytime, I added a fun bright turquoise scarf, houndstooth short sleeve jacket, black ankle booties and pushed hair back with a braided bronze headband.



This fine evening...
 I headed out to the most excellent John Varvatos event in San Francisco featuring the up and coming rockstar Gary Clark jr. and had only minutes to switch it up from mommy mode to party gal. I figured I should just work around what I already had on - duh! 
Although to be completely honest with you, I did try on my floor length sequins skirt for a split second before throwing back on what I had worn earlier. And yeah, it most definitely was NOT the eighteen thousand dollar Balmain skirt that I was eyeing, but a lovely vintage piece that I'll have to share with y'all sooner than later :)


So with just a few moments I worked up some style magic and traded the bright scarf for a printed black and white silk scarf with a dash of turquoise.

 


Painted le pout le red and let the hair down - oh yeah!



Added le homemade bracelet cuff - courtesy of le crap laying around in le drawer.



And as y'all know, I'm currently obsessed with my leopard print Sam Edelman's - so BAM! - there they are.



The final touch - a le line on le nude stockings adds for a nice little zesty surprise!



PS - Sorry for the self-shooting love! My photographer (aka Mikie my husband) is uber busy and so I do with what I have ladies. Still trying to share the Dirty Pink Cardigan style shenanigans in whatever form I can. :)

First Outfit:
Headband, H&M
Dress, H&M
Boots, H&M
---um, is this an H&M campaign or what?--
Jacket, F21

Second Outfit:
Dress, H&M
Jacket, F21
Scarf, vintage from my grandmother
Bracelet, homemade
Stockings, a gift from a friend
Shoes, Sam Edelman

5 comments:

Cindy said...

love love love both these outfits! incredible what accessorising can do :D

Molliee said...

oooh great layering options! very fun:)

http://mstwirlyskirts.com

welldressedmaker said...

LOVE how you've worn this already cute dress for night and day! those stockings are super cute!
♥ laura

the blog of worldly delights

lapetiteblonde said...

love your leopard shoes!
kisses=)

www.lapetiteblonde.com

TEA LEIGH said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog :)...I love those leopard shoes!! soooo much!

Tea.
xo

www.tea-leigh.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...