Monday, October 24, 2011

Princesses.


My daughter's Robot Rainbow Hawaiin Hula birthday party was yesterday, and she reminded me that it's more than okay to march to the beat of your own drum. That it's okay to dress up and be silly, have fun, and not take life seriously and to ask for the impossible and make it happen. And so today, I woke up in my own little dreamland, and felt like a princess, so I thought I should dress like one too.
Thanks for always inspiring me, Daisy.  
Here comes the pink, the glitter and the tiara.







Sunglasses, Liz Clairborne
Headband/Tiara, boutique in Southampton
Necklace, gift from a friend
Bracelet, Boracay, Philippines
Dress, Victoria's Secret
Slip, thrifted vintage
Shoes, Sam Edelman



Sunday, October 23, 2011

My daughter, Daisy, has quite the imagination. She requested a robot, rainbow, Hawaiin hula theme for her second birthday, I kid you not. My husband, Mikie, and I were up for the challenge and made it happen. A little glimpse into her fabulous lil kiddie soiree. 
DJ Lance and Rainbow Hula Robot even made an appearance.













Cupcakes by Laurie Brown

Top, F21
Grass Skirt, Halloween Superstore
Shoes, GoMax

16 comments:

Kimberly said...

you look great love the dress! and her birthday party looks amazing she is so adorable!

http://kc-citystyle.blogspot.com/

Tanvi said...

You look so pretty!!!

♡ from © tanvii.com

Cindy said...

you look absolutely beautiful! such a yummy mummy :P and your daughter is so imaginative, I think my early birthday parties were...dress as yourself themed haha

kristina@beancakes ★ said...

hi marie ~ oh my gosh your family is so cute! how lucky are you!! and you look super pretty ~ i love your dress and shoes!! hope you had a great monday!!
p.s. and thanks so much for your sweet compliments ~ they really made me happy!!
xx ~ kristina

lapetiteblonde said...

ooohhh so nice=)=)=)
love your dress!!so pretty!!
kisses and have a nice day=)

Jeannee said...

You - beautiful Princess dress! Daughter - at two?! WOW! She is very gifted! I surely hope she doesn't lose that by the time she is 12 or 22 - that she always holds on to marching to her own drumbeat <3 I'm especially tickled by the twenty paper people lined-up on the bench!

Tina A said...

Looks so fun! You guys did a great job. Sooo cute! So sorry we couldn't be there! Happy Birthday Daisy cakes!

Angel Garcia said...

Such a fun idea for a birthday party.. Especially when everyone participates and goes all out.. love how you are WERKING the pose in the second picture..

Hugs! ~Angel

welldressedmaker said...

I love your outfit! it's soooo sparkly fun! And your family is gorgeous! the party looks like so much fun!
♥ laura
the blog of worldly delights

Carrie said...

awh, that is so adorable. it's true how adults can really learn a lot of things from kids.

that is such a unique party theme. it's good that you guys were able to pull it off! LOVE IT!

:)
Carrie
http://readmylifeascarrie.blogspot.com/

Katie said...

great shoes! and the picture where daisy is looking up..oh my god soo cute!!

--instead of an elephant

Marina JuliĆ  said...

Your dress is so, so beautiful!! The party looks gorgeous and your daugther is a precious little girl :). A lot of kisses!!

Lexy @ QUIRKY EXPLOSION said...

THIS IS THE CUTEST POST EVER!!!! I'm so envious of your daughter - I miss being young and having craft parties! People my age go out and drink and smoke for their birthdays. I JUST WANT TO MAKE CRAFTS FOREVER!

You look amazing, too! I love those shoes!


QUIRKYEXPLOSION.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Love the color of your dress, so pretty!! :)


xoxo
Antonia
FASHION IMPERATIVE

Brittney said...

Your daughter is adorable! I'm diggin' the rainbow robot theme. She's definitely creative. :) You look amazing in the light pink dress.

Miss fashionmix said...

So cute!! A great idea for the parties!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...