Friday, September 16, 2011

Thanks, Dad!


This big ole dress shirt is my dad's from eons ago - vintage Christian Dior - score! You can't really see the details (sorry for the poor quality photos) but there are very thin red pin stripes. It's so wonderful and beautiful and made to last a lifetime. I've loved this shirt for as long as I can remember - on my dad and on me.  And as much as I love my F21 and H&M shopping sprees, I'm very aware that I won't be passing any of those trendy little pieces down to my daughter. Which is totally fine - sometimes it's good to live in the moment! But I'd like to thank my Mom & Dad for having good taste and for occasionally buying the good stuff to pass down to their kiddies (that's four boys and one glorious girl - ME)! I'm really hoping to purchase a few key items to be able to pass along to mine, too.
 By the way, been totally jonesin (and needing --- I swear!) a new investment purse - any suggestions ladies?

PS - Sorry for the static-y shots, taken with my mac attack in my home office.





Top, from my dad (vintage Christian Dior)
Jeans, Gap

5 comments:

The Lunatic Pope said...

Great outfit. You are very pretty

FashionFreak/Mihaela said...

lovely :D


Follow me if you're not already. If this is annoying to you, ignore this. If you follow me I'll follow you back for sure.

my blog♥mfashionfreak

Ms LadyCakes said...

@The Lunatic Pope - awww you're too sweet! Thanks :)

Ms LadyCakes said...

@FashionFreak/Mihaela - thanks for stopping by! Will definitely check your blog out :)

Amanda Nguyen said...

uum...how ironic...I recently got this oversized chunky sweater that I've been looking for EVERYWHERE and haven't been able to find!! I mean..it's definitely not vintage dior...but I know how you feel :)
I love my dad <3 and I love that button-up!

<3Amanda
feast.fashion.faves
'LIKE'fff on FB!
Follow me on Twitter-@feastfashionfav

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...